: fighting Weston Otmoor eco-town
Oxfordshire County Council says no thanks to fait accompli. "We're standing up for the people of Bicester".
- eco-credentials "aspirational"
- quarter of the site in green belt
- transport budget significantly short, see also Report questions eco-town railway (BBC 3rd July 2008),The RIBA Practice Bulletin – No. 442 of 17th April, 2008 says that "The stakes are high with reports of enormous no-win, no-fee deals already on offer to consultants"
- serious concerns for health of Bicester
- no support from local planning authority
Listen to County Council Leader Keith Mitchell Leader's blog: "Weston campaigners make their mark"
Here's Oxfordshire County Council's work for the recently closed consultation on eco-town locations
Report by Head of Sustainable Development
Joint Report by Cherwell DIstrict Council and Oxfordshire County Council
Joint Technical Note
Transport Assessment Work
Initial Analysis of Railway Proposals
SEEDA Scoping report for Study on economic and social impacts on Bicester and other nearby settlements by proposal for Eco Town at Weston Otmoor
Assessment of Weston Otmoor against Eco-Town Criteria
website copyright © 2008 Weston Front